Myself, DR. MAHUYA MUKHOPADHYAY…. I got aquainted with Rabindra Sangeet at a very early age, during my school days. A musical environment was there already as my Mother, Smt. Tapati Roy Chowdhury was singing and was simultaneously running Panchajanya Sangeet Bitan, from home. My learnings started from there which helped me grow and create a passion for singing in me which eventually helped me to come to this extent. I started singing in A.I.R. when I was in 6th. standard. Currently working as a Guest Lecturer in Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata ....
I basically sing and teach Rabindra Sangeet, Atul Prasader Gaan, Dwijendra Geeti and Rajanikanter Gaan. I did my Masters from Rabindra Bharati University in the year 1999 (1st class)
The Ministry of Culture has selected me for an award of a Junior Research Fellowship in the field of Rabindra Sangeet,(File No-F.3-130/2008-S&F) with effect from 01-06-2009. In March 2012, I got the PH. D. based on the topic, 'Rabindranather Nritya O Geetinatye Natyarash Nirmane Kirtaner Bhumika' under the supervision of Sri Agnibha Bandopadhyay. In December 2012, I passed NET under UGC.
My Performances :
• I have sung in A.I.R. Galpo Dadur Aashar from the year 1987. Also from 1992 onwards, I have also been singing Rabindra Sangeet and Rajanikanter Gaan in the Yuvabani section of A.I.R., during those dyas, too.
• From 2009 onwards, I have been singing Rabindra Sangeet in General section of A.I.R.
• In April'2014 I got upgraded from B to B High for Rabindra Sangeet in A.I.R.
• I have been successful in various musical competitions and also performed Rabindra Sangeet in different programs.
• Also mention that from the year 2000 onwards I have been invited for singing in Bangla Sangeet Mela, organized by Tathya Sanskriti Bibhag of W. Bengal Govt. and also in Rabindra Janmotsav (Kabi Paksha), organised by Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata.and also at Jorasanko Thakurbari.
• A cassette of mine had released on 19th of August, 2003 titled as, Biraho Byethar Mala. And also released a VCD, titled as Manone Rabindranath, Directed by me.
• Released a VCD, titled as 'Hridaye Rabindranath', from Dreams Audio.
• Released an Audio CD, titled as 'Rabi Anuragini', from Music 2000.
• Released a MP3, titled as 'Teen Prajanmo', from R P Records.
• Released an Audio CD, titled as 'Pantha Haoya', from Music 2000 in the year 2011.
• Released an Audio CD, titled as 'Moner Kotha Koi, from 'Anyanya Music' in the year 2014.
• I have been learning Music from the renowned singer and senior lecturer of Rabindra Bharati University, Sri Agnibha Bandopadhyay for the past 18 years. At the same time also learning Indian Classical Music, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprashadi and Rajanikanter Gaan from my Mother Smt. Tapati Roy.
Present activities :
• Working at Rabindra Bharati University as a Guest Teacher in Rabindra Sangeet Department since 2010. I regularly participate in different programs of the said Department.
• Teaching Music in 'Panchajanya Sangeet Bitan', Howrah for more than 20 years.